Thursday, January 25, 2007

Choosing a new house is hard

So for a while now I have been trying the impossible task of trying to find a new house...well no impossible...I am just picky. Holly and I have canvased the area of H-town in search of a new digs. Two house keep comng back in my mind...both are really good deals. One is newer and one is a little older. Newer meaning build in the last ten years...older meaning build in the last 30. Similar prices....but the older one is way bigger....and in my opinion has a lot more potential.

Drawbacks to older house: it was over priced...but that has changed somewhat.... no sidewalks in the neighborhood...but it does have curbs... it needs some updating...but they both did... Master bath is kind of small

Pluses... huge basement....and it is partially finished, plenty of room to add rooms, Huge garage..., First floor laundry..., awesome landscaping....with a big back yard deck, cool layout....but kitchen needs help, a backup generator....just a bonus, it comes with a home warranty...kind of nice, mostly just needs cosmetic work. Newer fridge and dishwasher, good neighborhood, the house is 85% brick...it is nice looking, updates=money maker if we moved.

Newer house...Drawbacks... smaller rooms...crampoed upstairs bathroom, Needs a roof, Kitchen needs to be redone....updated, cramped master bathroom, The house needs to updated..., basement is kind of small, wood siding, no real room for a 4th bedroom.

Pluses...finished basement... first floor laundry... huge deck...I mean huge back deck two story...would be kind of cool great neighborhood...newer neighborhood (location is nice) Sidewalks, big garage, resale value with updates would be significant=money maker if we moved.

We have both been picky in this house hunting adventure. I am hoping that God helps us to not be so picky we miss a great opportunity he lies in front of us. I have to keep telling myself it would be our first house together....I mean ya I had a house already...but I didn't make a ton of money off of it....so I don't want to be greedy in my wanting a house. I want to be wise and patient in this process.

4 comments:

Noel Heikkinen said...

You should loook for something more like this.

The Professor said...

That would be perfect! Where is that....I am game...now only if I can convince Holly :o>

Holly said...

Noel, Does this new house you speak of have a tornado shelter? If so, I'm all in.

ShannaKay said...

you could buy ours : )