Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Being a Dad

This weekend I got to sort-of experience fatherhood. Holl's and I watched our friends' daughter Jillian for Sat. & Sun. She is only 15 months old...but man does she have a ton of energy. She can walk and sort of talk...it was so much fun...but tireding! When she fell asleep on Sat. we both looked at each other and said "What time is it?"...it was only 8pm but it felt like 12pm! We were both so tired.

The next day we were late for church...or rather really early...we forgot to set our clocks ahead and ended up showing up late to the 10:00 service. We took Jillian to her nursery school...and I was kind of surprised that it was kind of hard to leave her there. I thought I would be so excited to get a break...and I kind of wasn't. So strange. Maybe I am not ready to be a dad...but then again...maybe I am. When God is ready for me to be married...I will be.

No comments: