Monday, November 22, 2004

Am I old?

Ok...so back when I was a kid......
Man is this kid adorable or what!?

Man you know you are getting old when you start saying things like that to high school students. As some of you may know I am a High School Art Teacher and the JV Wrestling coach for Mason High School. http://scnc.mason.k12.mi.us/

That is exactly what I said to some of my kids at school today...man did it make me feel old. Another thing is when they think that the eighties and nineties were eons ago! I show my age when I start jamming to Def leopard or some DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince...HAHAHA! The kids get a laugh out of it. But hey...it is me! Actually I think my students think it is "cool" to be so down to earth with them...be a real person.

But back to me feeling old....it is intriguing to me that I think I am somewhere between the ages of 15-18 years old, but in reality I am the ripe old age of 26. Now that might not seem that old, but some days when I get home I feel like I am 90. I am sore and whipped from wrestling those young pups. What is worse is that I can't let them know it...cuz then they would rag on me :o) Even so, man am I sore!

Hey if anyone is interested in watching me coach...we are wrestling Lakewood at MSU (Jenison Fieldhouse) on Wednesday Dec. 8 at 9:30 PM...Admission is free! http://www.masonwrestling.com/dual.htm


2 comments:

Holly said...

Yes, you are old and man, you like to use the word man a lot :o) Ha!

I was talking to a girl at work the other day and she said, "So and so is not our age. She's more like 30." I paused and said, "Um, I'm more like 30." Her answer was, "No WAY!" I was going to try to prove it to her but I said, "just kidding. You're right."

The Professor said...

Funny Loki....I know the truth though. ;o)

...You're really only like 24 at heart :o)