Sunday, April 10, 2005

Dreams and God

I woke up from a vivid dream early this morning. It was the strangest I have had in a very very long time.

Chuck Hill and I were fishing. But we did not have any poles. Simply a strange fish manual and our hands. We wadded in the water and scooped up fish by the handfuls. The water was warm, and the sun's rays brushes our faces. It was a warm yet cold day. Despite the sun's warm appearance, there was a coldness to everything around us.

The sun was shinning bright and you could see down into the crystal clear water. The suns rays revealed the multitude of fish in the stream running into the open water. We each carried a special fish book with instructions on how to catch each of the species of fish. I eagerly wanted to catch some perch for some reason and Chuck agreed it would be beneficial. I didn't want to read my book, so Chuck open his book. It's slimy coated outside cover needed prying open to read it's liquid like content filled gooey sheets. Our books appeared to be fishlike themselves...so odd. But hey had the answers...how to catch the fish.

To our right was a ledge, and I walked far up it to look down into the water. It was a ledge against a cliff wall, about ten feet from the water's surface. From the ledge, I could see some huge fish that I wanted to catch. Chuck warned me to come down, and I ignore him. I wanted the big fish....CRASH!!! The ledge gave way...sending me plunging into the dark clear water. The fish don't move...so I try to grab them...but they grab me instead. They took me deep into the water and I faught against their sharp razor teeth. They let go...and I swam hard to get back to Chuck. For some reason I could breath under the water...but it was getting harder. The giant fish swam with me and stared me in the face...smiling and revealing their teeth once more. I reached for Chuck but he can't get me.....The giant fish raced toward me...teeth glaring...

POOF! The dream ends...and I am in my bed. I immediately ask God what it means...and he answers me in my head. (I am not sure what is more fightning...the dream or the instaneous answer from God) My answer...Do not always go after the big fish. I give you what you need and people to help you. Be prepared for what you seek and the big issues won't tear you apart. You had the answers in your book, but refused to be prepared. You didn't listen to sound advice and you were reckless. I am in control. Be fishers of men, but beware that not all men can be caught. Guard yourself in me, do not let temptation drown you.

I tried to go back to sleep...but I was a little freaked. Eventually I managed some beauty sleep, but the dream was still in my head with those words when I awoke in the morning. I told Holly and she told me to blog it...so here it is.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Bravo. Very interesting dream. Control seems to be a recurring thing for you. Are you getting it?