Sunday, October 16, 2005

Joe Diffie

One of my favorite country singers for a ton of different reasons. One of which is the found memories his songs bring to my mind. When I was a kid just getting interested in country music, but knowing full well I liked it! I went to see him the other day and the concert was so cool...although I did pay for it the next day getting up early to teach! But it was so worth the tiredness. I got to watch the major country singer with the other hundred or so people who joined to watch him at the smallest venue I have ever been to for such a well known artist. I stood almost within reach of him and the rest of his band...it was totally cool! I forgot just how many of his songs I knew...what a good time.

As I listened and my memories ran wild, I felt some peace and quiet within. It was so nice. After the concert, I walked out and walked by his bus...and there he was...guarded by security. But me waved and told me to have a good night! WOW...what a nice guy. He didn't have to say anything...I am just some dumb country song fan pee-on...but he said hi anyways. What a good time!

No comments: