Sunday, October 09, 2005

Normal life?

I sat down the other night to ponder what exactly it meant to have a normal life. While it is true, mine as normal as you get from the outside...but inside it is a different story. What I mean is this: I have a good job, a house, fun stuff, friends, a loving family, etc. etc...but deep down non of that matters to me. I mean it does, but what I want out of life makes these things just buffers sometimes.

Serving God is most important to me, and growing in my faith...but lately I haven't felt like I have been doing much of that at all. I don't share my beliefs much with people around me because the "busy" word creeps in! I think that is Satan's way of distracting me from what God's goals are for me...if he can make me busy enough, then I won't want to read my bible, pray, or talk to other people. I hate when that happens...and it has been happening a lot lately. My focus has been on my own needs, and ignoring God's desires for my life. The most awesome person in the world reminded me of this by simply giving me a verse to ponder in my head. It was about who God is and whom he isn't. God is peace...not chaos...lately I have felt chaotic...that isn't of God. Time to refocus, time to reflect, and time to spend more "time" "Getting Right with the Man".

No comments: