Thursday, July 06, 2006

Chicago Trip Part 1

Holly and I went to Chicago over the weekend and watched the Tigers beat the Cubs....but that is another later part of the this story. (This whole thing actually happenedtwo weeks ago....I just forgot to post this)

Part 1
Our first adventure in Chicago was walking the two miles from the train station to the hotel. It wasn't too bad...but the 90 plus degree heat was too much for my suitcase. We ate at Cereality...really cool...you must try it...and then we contuniued to the hotel.

You know how suit cases have those rollie wheels to help you cart your heavy luggage around...well the heat of the pavement completely melted one of mine off! No crap...it literally melted the frickin' wheel right off and I had to drag that dang suitecase a good four blocks at least! Tired arms and sore feet...but we finally reached the hotel and were sweat drenched...yuck! I had go to check in....we needed a break from walking....but Satan likes to tempt....Lucky for us...God is on our side ;o)

Desk clerk lady..."You are a gold star member and get a free upgrade...would you like it?"
Me..."Really?! What's the upgrade?"
Lady..."from your normal average two double bed room to a king sized single bed jacuzzi suit!"
Me in my head..."God keep me from temptation.....but wait...ummm jacuzzi suite would feel nice about now...stinkin' Satan...God to me> I am watching you :o)"
Me to Friendly desk clerk lady..."oh that's ok...my room will do."
Me in my head..."DANG!"..."Thank you God"

So we head up to the room and decide we need to visit the beach....which takes us to part 2 of Chicagoland story....

2 comments:

yasser said...

wait you didnt take the jacuzzi one! You should have walked 10 more miles - then you would have made the right choice (at least the choice I am was going to make)

The Professor said...

Ah but alas...I knew that wasn't the right choice...my companion and I would not have been being very Christlike...hmmm. ;o)