Monday, February 28, 2005

When in doubt...consult God.

I was having a conversation with a friend about faith and wondering if what we believe is real or not. It wasn't that they doubted things, but that they just had some fleeting questions. I mean sometimes I am even like why is life sometimes so crappy(ak.a. cancer, tradgic deaths, etc.)...what makes God real? So I consulted God's word for some answers. And this is what I came up with:

1 Corinthians 15: 1-6 "Now brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I have preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, IF you hold firmly to the word I have preached you. Otherwise, you believe in vain.
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep."

1 John 5:11-13 "And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."

John and Paul both write to us explaining that our belief in Jesus is what gives us eternal life. They even give us proof that Jesus's resurrection was real. Faith is something God gives us...it is ok to question...but listen for the answers when the come. God is real.

No comments: