Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Cleaning the House

For those of you that know me...you know that this is a big deal. First of all...I hate cleaning...at least by myself that is. When I was little, my sister and I use to the clean the house for my mom. It was how we made an allowance. We would dust, pick up stuff, clean the rooms, vaccum, take out the trash, mow the yard, clean up doggy doodoo...the whole nine yards. It was kind of fun when we did it. For some reason we would fight over who got to dust and vaccum...it was kind of wierd. I usually won being the oldest....I would con her into doing something else. Each chore was assigned a certain $$$ value and I would always try to take the high $$$ chores. I always cut the grass...because that paid ten dallors...I was daddy warbucks after I cut the grass...just rollin' in dough....of course it always took me several hours to do. She and I loved to clean for some reason.

Now it is different. I am by myself with four pets...and hard wood floors. The vaccum really only works upstairs, I have to use a regular broom. No one to share the chores with makes for a lot of work for me. I have had some help cleaning...thanks Yi. But what happened to the fun that it use to be when I was kid?

3 comments:

The Colonel said...

yeah where did that fun go? I used to love to vacuum when i was a kid, to this day i don't know why. But now I have lost that passion

The Professor said...

That's just it Krik...I am the same way. Usually I don't give a rip either...however, everyone from the Germany trip is coming over after church Sunday and the house was a pig stye...it is getting much better though....Day 3 of the cleaning process.

Umm...maybe it is better to pic up as one makes the mess....that way there are not any three days of cleaning episodes :p

Me said...

Kid, you need a better vaccum cleaner. A good one should do wood floors effectively(I say this as somone whose job it was to vaccum a 1500 sq. foot hardwood, heavily populated area daily for most of my adolescence). Consider a remanufactured one from that place on Cedar:-)