Monday, August 01, 2005

So I might be a slum Lord...

Ok...I have been thinking of ways to make extra money and have it be steady income. Well a good friend of mine sells and buys real estate and has made enough money so he really doesn't need to work...it supplys him with enough to live on and fund his full time ministry...he can just live off of the income from the properties he owns...but he still works. This same guy is one of my closest Christians friends and a mentor to me in many ways. So I asked him if he could show me how to manage properties and if he thought it would be a good investment for me...

He told me that I should absolutely get into owning rentals if I could afford it. He told me to start with just one or two...and grow slowly. I found the perfect place. It happens to be in Charlotte, and it is next door to one of my closest friends. Eric told me about it and said I should buy it...coincidence that I would have these two conversations within a short period of a week....I think not. I have been praying about it for a long while now...and maybe God is showing me a smart way of investing my income. My house I live in has been a good investment...so why not try to get another one...and let other people pay me to live in it...right? Eric has even agreed to be the super...since he lives right next door and knows a lot about plumbing, electrical, etc. I think it is a good idea.

I discussed the plan with Chuck...my Christian friend...and he agreed it was a good and smart buy. We went through it today...and I wrote an offer. If it gets accepted...I will then own a house and a three unit rental property officially making me a land lord. I am excited and nervous. This is a big risk chance I am taking....so anyone who reads this...please pray for me to be financially smart....

No comments: