Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Family Fun!

So tonight I felt like I was part of the Sopranos! or maybe in a bad version of the Godfather movies. I went Christmas shopping with my father, his two brothers, and my little old grandmother.

You see...they made me an offer I couldn't refuse..."free dinner" :op

I come from an Italian background on my pop's side of the family. My grandmother was first generation born US. Her father was from Palermo, Sicily (Italy). He was a rum runner for the mob in Detroit (or so the story goes). No one knows for sure...but you can definately tell my family is Italian. It was so funny...three men in the back and one in the front (with Grams riding "shotgun")....It must have looked even funnier. I laughed the entire night...those guys crack me up. My grandma only had three boys...and I am the only grandson....so I am kind of like the little brother in that group!

They have the talk and the walk of the typical Italian man. No greasy hair, but the isms of Italian talk like "how ya doin'?" and "watcha lookin' at?"....like I said it is hillarious! We had fun and laughed the night away...got to spend quality time with Grandma too...what a shop'aholic!

No comments: