Sunday, December 26, 2004

Wisdom and baseball bats

Funny how things in life always look better initially or look more in perspective in hindsight. It really pisses me off when I think about the mistakes I have made, and how dumb I have been in the past. But then I am thankful for the lessons that they have taught me...isn't that ironic?!

I often wonder if the mistakes we make, dictate the outcome of our future events. For instance, relationships. If we don't start off good in a relationship, does that mean it won't ever find a way to be good? God being all, knowing all (past and present)...knows which choice we will make. Why then should I be angry about the outcome I recieve, from some obscure lesson God is trying to teach me? Shouldn't I be thankful?! But truth be told, I am usually pissed off for not getting my way and act like a spoiled frickin' brat. I want my way. I want my needs to be met...and when "my needs" aren't what God knows them to be...I act like a punk...why?! I should be more committed to him, and more content of his sovereignty.

Sometimes though, I wish God would just hit me over the head with his wisdom, instead of the quiet whispers in which it is endowed. I would spend so much less time in inner turmoil about things that I don't get my way about. It kind of reminds me of the time I got hit with a bat in the face. I mean the time I got hit in the face with a baseball bat...I knew it hurt...I didn't need to get hit in the head to know that...but it confirmed the living crap out of the "wisdom" that a baseball bat to the face hurts. I often feel like I "know" things but I need to get hit in the face with it to really "KNOW" the wisdom behind it.

No comments: