Monday, December 06, 2004

I talk too much...or do I? :o)

So I was sitting here relaxing...thinking about life. I do that way too much I am told...I am too serious about it or something ;o) But I couldn't help wonder, why it is so hard to just sit and relax...I mean...I start feeling guilty or something if I am not busy doing stuff.

A friend of mine said I talk too much...and they are probably right. It drives some people nuts! I guess that is why I don't listen enough...too busy talking :op So today I tried to just relax and be silent...which of course for me is hard. It's the ADHD in me...or whatever I guess. But today I relaxed for the first time in awhile...reflecting on stuff. Stuff like my priorities...what do I believe...where am I going...then I started talking about things to myself in my head(talking too much again)....

Of course...that made me not relax...so I just tried to blank out and listen to my kittens purr and pet my dog. But a thought hit me...kind of like a brick over the head. It was a little random really, but really made me think. Another friend of mine and I had a conversation, and I asked that friend of mine, not to long ago, about "What do you believe in?" "What do you have faith in?"

-"God" they said!

So being my talkative self...I asked another question "What has your faith/belief made you change about your life I asked?"

-"nothing much I guess...."

Trying not to be too forward I asked "What has your faith/belief made you do?"

-"Stuff!"...I was starting to annoy them...

So then...you believe/have faith in God...which you don't know how it's changed your life, and that has made you do stuff....WOW...really sound like you have a strong faith/belief there....strong faith! (I thought this to myself...cuz I wanted to ask some more questions!)

Then I asked a new question...similar to the first....
"Do you believe/have faith in money?"

~"I guess..." they said

What has your belief/faith in $$$ made you do?

~"Get a job...to pay bills, buy things, eat, etc, etc"

Hmmm...what has it done to change aspects of your life?
~"I have to budget it, I got an education to get a job to make it, search for a career, etc., etc.

So I asked my friend..."which do you have more faith in based on your response? God or Money?" They kind of were shocked...

Now I know my friend very well...and I know they have a strong faith in God. But expressing their faith in God was so much harder to do than explaining their faith in money. Do we live our lives like that? Does our faith show through to others? Or are we fitting into culture, living our faith in earthly things rather than Godly ones? These questions challenged me to think and reflect about how I live...am I living in faith....and what proof do I have that I am doing so?

2 comments:

Holly said...

I'm not the friend you're talking about, am I? If I am, that's not what I meant. If I'm not, who is this mean person? I'll beat them up.

;oP

The Professor said...

nope u r not the friend...and I will keep names confidential ;o)