Thursday, December 09, 2004

Victory

Last night I experienced something cool...a victory in a high stakes wrestling match. I was so proud of our wrestlers, but I couldn't help but think about how very short glory lasts. And the glory that I felt was directed inward and it should've been reflected to God. What a challenge...

You see as an athlete I think I did a good job of giving God the glory....now I am in charge...and yet I am not in charge...God is...so how can I show my team and wrestlers this difficult task? Glory fades...but God doesn't...I want to be a good leader to my boys on the team. I want to teach them about things that last forever, not just a glimmer. I want to see them shine in success and in life, knowing that God loves them. Knowing that I care about them.

No comments: