Friday, January 21, 2005

Being me...

Ok listen up. I am constantly in self frustration mode, because I know that no matter what I do I can't make myself any closer to God. I can't buy my way to God. If I could, than everyone could just pay some silly toll and be right with God. But that isn't how it works. I mean read what Jesus said. He said "I am the way, the truth, and the light. No one comes to the father except by me." John 3:16...most misquoted verse in the bible in my opinion. Meaning that nothing we do gets us closer to God except for following and submitting to his authority over us. Think of it. The word "Lord"...what exactly does that mean? Lord is someone who has complete power over you. Someone you serve, and give authority to. To put it simply...letting God have his authority over us and obeying his word...aka...the bible.

Now I know that life isn't like a bowl of cherries or something else stupid like that just because I choose to follow Christ. In fact the opposite seems to be true. Think about it...yours friends peg you as a nut; you start to realize there is more to life than having fun and living for the moment; things like drinking and sex and whatever else suddenly become issues for sinful acts. You become a social outcast in a sense. Realizing sin is what keeps your from God. Realizing that relationship is what you have been missing in your life. So, you go against the world....and follow Christ.

But there is hope in the life you choose....or more so....the life that chooses you. God picks us first...we don't pick him first. He plants the seed that we choose to either continue to grow or chop down and play in the thorns. The thorns of sin are so tempting...luring us away from truth and creating a larger gap between us and a relationship with God. God frees us from the thorns...lets us know truth and frees us from the sin. The sin that is like the flower of a rose bush...beautiful....but only sucks us in and prick us with the thorns of sin. The sin that widens the gap of a relationship with God. Jesus died to repair the wounds the thorns cause. To love and heal our hearts. That is why Jesus died. So that the thorns wouldn't have the control...he gave us the choice.

No comments: