Sunday, January 09, 2005

The Church Thing

Okay...so church today was pretty good. Normally it is...but normally I don't write about it. I like that it challenges me and fills me back up after a long week. If I am feeling down, or frustrated, the act being with other Christians and listening about God tends to lift me back up. I think it is a combination of the music and the message. They always hit me. They always deal with real life and what the bible tells us. Now I know....Riverview is just a building...and the body of believers is the "church", but that is why it is so good. As my friend R.B. would say: "there are really real Christains" there. There are also people from all walks of faith and non faith, and outlooks...but the focus is God.

I don't normally invite people to church, and I don't know why. My friend and I talked today about that subject. I guess, I was being afraid a little to invite some of my other friends who really aren't into "the God thing" or "church". I wasn't having a willingness to trust God with everything....to step out of my safety and comfort of what my friends might think...to maybe help them get to know God as the personal, caring, loving creator he is. Which is kind of ironic, because that was part of the message today too. The message was centered around four areas. These areas were: Having a willingness to trust God with everything, a willingness to submit to his authority, a willingness to take risks for God, and a willingness to be truely authentic.

Steve...the pastor...also said we have two primal fears. The fear of failure, and the fear of rejection. Isn't that funny. Sometimes I feel like God is talking directly at me. Those reasons are why I steer clear of the subject of faith and God with some friends. The are fears God wants me to overcomb...be authentic...be willing...don't be afraid of failing or rejection. I don't want to push my beliefs onto other people. I just want them to know God like I do. To experience how much he cares...and loves each of us. I want God to use me to reach others.

No comments: