Tuesday, January 11, 2005

New insight...

My friend told me to quit running around in circles chasing my tail, by doubting. Thank you Mike for that insight. He was absolutely right. That is kind of what I was struggling with...the fear of not living right...instead of just living. HMB told me that I do that earlier today too (2 times in one day...I get it God)...I spend too much time worrying about whether I am doing something good enough, or am good enough, instead of just doing it and having faith that God will work out the rest. Which is absolutely true.

I think that Satan gets in our heads and makes us think we aren't good enough to do something...so instead of doing things...we worry. I know I do that waaaaaaay too much. Am I doing it right...is it good enough...blah blah. Like Nike said..."JUST DO IT". Not to say that you shouldn't question, but knowing that God is with us can make all the difference in the world. Sometimes, that is where we have to have the faith to step out on the water and know that God isn't going to let us sink. By doubting, that is all we will do...maybe just enough faith to keep our heads above the water...but I want the faith to walk on the water! I want God to "look" at me the way he "looked" at Peter. And to have the faith Peter had to come out to him on the water.


1 comment:

Holly said...

I think your blog doesn't really reflect who you are. If someone didn't know you, they would think you walk around fretting all the time and don't feel good enough. I hang out with you. You hardly ever talk about this stuff because I think you feel like you have to be deeper on this thing. Where are you, Mr. Corr? The Mr. Corr I know is sometimes silly, grounds me when I'm all over the flippin place, is sometimes waaaaay too intense but KNOWS...you know the way so many people don't.

And God DOES look at you the way he looked at Peter. Remember the whole "God uses the shaky people?" Boneheads aspiring to be perfect...only Jesus makes us that way...at least, that's what he told me.