Monday, January 24, 2005

Drunk Driving Revisted

I was invited to the arraignment of the drunk driver who killed my friend Kris. I was invited by his best friend and his family. It is on Wednesday. I am going, but I am a little torn. Deep down I am mad at the 20 year old who made the crappy choice to drink and drive and think that he deserves whatever he gets. I also want to see justice be done. But I also pray for the guy. I have never met him. His life is ruined now...because he carelessly took the life of another.

But I don't want to have hate for him in my heart. I am afraid I am going to hate this guy when I see him for the first time on Wednesday. I mean does he feel remorse or is he a big fat jerk. I want to believe he is a jerk...so if I hate him I won't feel bad about it. I've been praying a lot about what I will do. How do you love someone that killed one of your friends? Love your enemies...kind of hard. I just want to go and support his family and Shawn (his best friend). God is in control...and I am trusting in that.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Beat him up for me....and then tell him it is out of luuuuuuuuuv. Don't react to violence with violence, I know. Wish I could be Jesus sometimes and just BE GOOOOD (ET). You'll behave even if it takes you awhile to come to terms with everything this jackass did.

Holly said...

Jesus would beat him up, too. At least, my Jesus would.